The City of Adelanto allows and regulates Medical and Adult Use Cannabis activities in designated zoned areas. Medical Cannabis activity is only allowed in Light Manufacturing (LI), Light Manufacturing Cannabis Only (LMCO), Manufacturing Industrial (MI), and Airport Development District (ADD) zones indicated on the city zoning map. All applicants are responsible for reading and understanding the City Ordinances and regulations related to Medical Cannabis and Adult Use Cannabis. The application processing fee is $7000 non-refundable. Please review process below for cultivation.
1. Secure property within the City of Adelanto cultivation area. (Provide a letter from leasing agent or property owner grant deed)
2. Complete the medical / adult use Cannabis application and submit all necessary documents to the City of Adelanto Planning Department. (see cannabis application checklist) The application fee is $7000 per permit which are non-refundable. The application review process is 30 to 90 day more or less.
3. All cannabis applications will be reviewed by a city Planner following a denial or approval letter that will be sent to applicant for signature.
4. Permit approval requires a CUP Conditional Use Permit for new construction or a MCUP Minor Conditional Use Permit for tentative improvements.
5. Once all permits for Planning are approved please submit plans to the Building and Safety Department at City Hall and San Bernardino County Fire Department located at 15900 Smoke Street, Hesperia, CA. 92345. Final inspections and approval of plans will grant a Certificate of Occupancy.
6. Apply for a City of Adelanto Business License.
THE CITY OF ADELANTO IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSARIES
THE CITY IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR CULTIVATION, MANUFACTURING, DISTRIBUTION TRANSPORTATION,
TESTING, NURSERY AND ADULT USE
- NEW Cannabis Application
- Cannabis Application Checklist
- Comprehensive Application
- Livescan Form
- Summary Adult Use Ordinance 588
- Temporary Cannabis Application
- Dispensary Buffer
- New Deadline for Temporary Licenses_Fact Sheet 10.29.18
- Zoning Map 10-1-2018
- Business License Application
- Measure R Form (Cannabis Tax)
Medical / Adult Use Cannabis Ordinances
- 3.60 Cannabis Excise Tax
- Amended Cannabis Ordinance No. 588
- Ordinance NO. 578 Temporary Cannabis Facilities
- Ordinance NO. 567 Medical Cannabis Cultivation Water Requirements
- Ordinance NO. 573 Medical Cannabis Transportation, to conform with state regulations
- Dispensaries Ordinance 553
- Ordinance NO. 555 Personal Cultivation and Personal use of Cannabis
- Ordinance NO. 539 Medical Marijuana Cultivation
- Ordinance NO. 553 - Medical Cannabis Dispensaries
- Ordinance NO. 561 City Legal Authority to enter and inspect cultivation areas
- Ordinance NO. 557 Overlay Zone
- Ordinance NO. 569 Voluntary Square footage contribution gross receipts tax
- Ordinance NO. 563 Create an overlay zone pemitting medical cannabis activities
- Ordinance NO. 564 Restrict Medical Cannabis within city to properties within the city cannabis overlay zone
- Ordinance NO. 575 Permit certain Voluntary contributors to qualify for a reduced contribution rate
- Ordinance NO. 572 Regulate Volatile Manufacturing of cannabis within the city
- Ordinance NO. 576 Extending the manufacture indusdtrial zone correct past land use inconsistencies and extend aiport park district area
- Ordinance NO. 577 Create ovelay zone and establish the city cannabis overlay zones
- Ordinance NO. 545 Medical Marijuana Manufacturing
- Ordinance NO. 556 Cultivation change Land Use
- Ordinance NO. 557 Overlay Zone
- Ordinance NO. 548 Regarding Distribution Transportation and Testing
- Ordinance NO. 579 Regulations pertaining to Medical Marijuana Nurseries
- Ordinance NO. 581 Eliminating FAR Requirements
- Ordinance NO. 558 Allow Indoor Medical Cannabis Manfacturing in LM Zone.pdf
- Ordinance NO. 559 Implement and exise tax on commercial cannabis.pdf