- City Hall
- Animal Care & Control
- Get a Dog License
Get a Dog License
Dog License & Rabies Vaccination Requirements
- Every dog over 4 months old must have a dog license.
- Every dog over 4 months old must have a rabies vaccination.
- A rabies vaccination is required before you can apply for a dog license.
Animal & Owner Information Needed to Get a Dog License
- A rabies vaccination is required and must be submitted to apply for a dog license.
- If the dog is spayed or neutered, the spayed or neutered certificate must also be presented at the time of licensing.
- If a new license is being purchased, you will be asked to show your state driver’s license or identification card.
- Once owner information, as well as the animal information is recorded, a City dog license will be issued.
- The dog license is renewable each year from the original date of purchase.
How to Get a License for Your Dog
Your Dog Must First Get a Rabies VaccinationThis vaccination protects against the rabies virus. Rabies vaccinations can only be given by a veterinarian or at a pet hospital or clinic. Keep a copy of the vaccination certificate that is given to you. Rabies vaccination and spay or neuter certificates must be presented at the time of licensing an animal.
Dog Licenses May Be Purchased at City Hall:
Where to get a Dog License
11600 Air Expressway
Adelanto, CA 92301
Online Permit Portal Here
- Animal license Fee $33 12-36 months.
- Vaccination must cover the licensing period. There are no refunds for unused time. Fees are not transferable.