- Opens Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Closes Friday, August 7, 2020 from 8 a.m. - noon. Doors will be locked at noon sharp.
- Papers may be filed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. during business days during the Nomination Period.
If an incumbent fails to file then the Nomination Period is extended for an additional 5 days.
Nomination papers will be available on the first day of the nomination period. "Pulling" nomination papers takes approximately 30 minutes, please make an appointment by calling the City Clerk's Office at 760-246-2300 ext. 11123, to reduce wait time.
No fax or email of documents will be accepted. Only original documents will be accepted in the City Clerk's office.
A hard copy of the Candidate Handbook / Nomination Papers is available in the City Clerk's Office for a nominal fee when the Nomination Period opens.
Forms to Be Completed and Filed With the Nomination Papers
- $25 Filing Fee (payable to the City of Adelanto)
- TBD for Candidate State if one is filed (Payable to City of Adelanto)
- Ballot Designation Worksheet
- Candidate Packet Checklist/Receipt Form (Clerk pulls from Candidate's Packet)
- Form 501 Candidate Intention Statement (if not already filed, file with City Clerk only)
- Nomination Paper: with affidavit of circulator and affidavit of nominee (administer oath to candidate)
- Political Signs Notification
- Statement of Economic Interests Form 700
Required if Accepting Optional if Rejecting
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- Biographical Form
- Candidate Statement
Candidates wishing to have a Candidate Statement published in the sample ballot will need to pay for the printing of the statement, by the San Bernardino County Registrar of Voters, which includes the Spanish Translation that is required in the County of San Bernardino.