Campaign Disclosure Manual 2
The Campaign Disclosure Manual (PDF
) contains information for Local Candidates and is useful for completing Campaign Disclosure Statements.
Campaign Disclosure FormThe Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
requires certain campaign filings. the FPPC provides free advice at the toll free number: 866-275-3772, or their website
. Campaign Forms and Manuals are available on their website. To download Forms 501, 410, 460, 470, 700, visit the The Fair Political Practices Commission
Explanation of Forms
- Form 410 - Statement of Organization: If not already filed, file when $2,000 threshold is reached. File the original and one copy with the Secretary of State and one copy with the City Clerk. Note: The Form 410 may be filed prior to raising $2,000 and then must be amended within 10 days of reaching the $2,000 threshold to disclose the date qualified as a committee.
- Form 460 - Consolidated Campaign Disclosure Form: Required if $2,000 is raised/spent
- Form 470 - Officeholder/Candidate Campaign Statement Short Form: Used by Candidates who do not have a controlled committee and do not anticipate receiving or expending $2,000 or more during a calendar year. First statement is due August 1, 2022
- Form 501 - Candidate Intention Statement: All candidates must file with the City Clerk before raising or spending any money.
- Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interests: Must be completed and returned to the City Clerk when filing the nomination paper.
- Semi-Annual Statement is due August 1, 2022. The period covered begins on the day after the closing date of the last statement filed or January 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022.
- First Pre - Election Statement is due September 29, 2022. The period covered is July 1, 2022 - September 24,2022
- Second Pre-Election Statement is due October 27, 2022. The period covered is September 25, 2022 - October 22, 2022
- Semi-Annual Statement is due January 31, 2023. The period covered is October 23, 2022 - December 31, 2022.